Valeo showcased major innovations at IAA Mobility 2021
Valeo is presenting major innovations for safer, cleaner and more diverse mobility at IAA Mobility, an international automotive event taking place in Munich, Germany, from September 7 to 12.
“By the end of the decade, electric cars will be cheaper than gasoline powered cars, there’s really no doubt about that. We’re also going to witness the rapid development of driving assistance systems. Never has the automobile known such a rapid pace of innovation.”
Jacques Aschenbroich, Paris, July 23, 2021
The innovations presented at IAA Mobility in Munich prove that Valeo has become a leading global mobility player. Its broad array of smart technology solutions are designed to equip all forms of mobility, not just cars.
- Automated Valet Parking, an autonomous parking system developed in collaboration with BMW, that allows a car to park all by itself in a parking lot.
- Valeo Drive4U, a prototype autonomous car equipped with Valeo sensors (LiDARs, cameras, radars, ultrasound, etc.) will be seen driving in automated mode both on the open road in and outside the city of Munich (Blue Lane Road).
- A unique system for monitoring vital signs to assess health risks (suspected Covid-19)*. Valeo has used its automotive expertise to adapt this technology for use in the medical field.
- Valeo’s new smart lighting systems are valuable driving assistance features, offering greater safety and comfort on the road.
- A world first: new charging stations suitable for all types of electric vehicles, whatever their voltage, offering intelligent energy management features.
- High-voltage systems for electric vehicles that call on the total expertise of the Valeo-Siemens eAutomotive joint venture. IAA Mobility 2021 will host the Mercedes-Benz EQS, powered entirely by a system developed by Valeo Siemens eAutomotive.
- Valeo’s expertise in the electrification of all new urban mobility systems: bikes, scooters, delivery droids, etc., will be demonstrated at IAA Mobility as well as in the streets of Munich,
- Thermal systems that guarantee the performance of electric vehicles.
Willy-Brand Allee – Tor 1 – Gate 6
Metro U2: Station Messestadt West
September 10** to 12, from 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. (General public)
Exhibition area (Summit) Munich Messe (Hall A1/B01)
Booth in City Center (Booth KP130)
* The reliability of the assessment was validated with the help of several health organizations: the Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Liège (Belgium), which has been a Valeo partner for five years with a Research Chair in “Health and Well-being in Transportation”; mobile Covid detection centers at the Ecole Polytechnique (Palaiseau – France), in Breves and Huy (Belgium); the Rabin Medical Center in Jerusalem (Israel); and Hôpital Régional Dr Mohamed Ben Salah de Moknine (Tunisia).
** from 2 p.m.