Driving Assistance & Automated Driving
Mid-range Radar SensorsLast update: 03 Aug. 2023
What is a Mid-Range Radar Sensor?
Valeo is innovating in Mid-Range Radar Sensor technology, driving innovation in both rear and front applications for vehicles. As the industry transitions to a radar satellite architecture, we are at the forefront, developing new radar concepts and systems for a range of applications, from ADAS to Automated Parking (AP) and Level 2+ functionalities.
Our flexible car radar sensor system design allows for easy upgrades via firmware changes, ensuring that our radar sensors technology remains at the cutting edge. With a single hardware configuration, we can offer a variety of product trims, providing scalability to meet diverse customer needs. Our satellite architecture enables a software-defined feature approach, offering customizable solutions that can be tailored to specific applications.
Our satellite modules are cost-effective, lightweight, and low-power, delivering the full radar performance in a compact package. With over 30 years of experience and 20 million radars sensors in the market, we bring unparalleled expertise to radar sensing technology. Our strategy focuses on minimizing front-end content and costs, delivering value without compromising on quality or performance.
We also maintain a strong partnership with the market leader in radar sensing technology, ensuring our products are built on the best technology available. We are proud to announce the start of production for our 77 GHz radar with two Asian OEMs in 2023, further solidifying our reputation as a leading innovator in the field of radar sensor technology.
What are our Car Radar Sensors benefits?
- Adapted to Advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) and AP as well as Level 2+ functionalities enabled by software modules at Zonal/Domain control units
- Flexibility: upgrade through firmware
- Scalability: single hardware, many product trims
Radar Sensors specifications
- Satellite architecture enables software-defined feature approach
- Cost-effective, lightweight and low power satellite modules providing full radar data cube
Unique Selling Points
- 30 years of experience
- Front-end content & cost minimization concept
- Strong partnership with market leader in radar sensing technology
radars in a market
- Passenger car
- Robot taxi
- Off road