Air Temperature SensorLast update: 15 Jan. 2024
What is an Air Temperature Sensor?
The Air Temperature Sensor or the Air Intake Temperature Sensor determines the temperature of the outside air entering the engine.
Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) behaviour is key to ensure the best efficiency in all conditions.
Our compact temperature sensor ensures the control of the thermal engine behaviour and especially the air loop (from the intake up to the EGR loop). With good accuracy we are able to ensure engine management, diagnostics and thermal protection.
What are Valeo Air Temperature Sensor benefits?
- Fast response time for air intake and EGR flow calculation and thermal protection
- Low temperature diagnostic feasibility
- Resistance to exhaust and EGR gases with the closed stainless steel tip
- Low tightening torque and high corrosion resistance thanks to copper captive gaskets
- Adjustable connector definition (MLK 1.2 is available)
Valeo Air Temperature Sensor specifications
- Temperature range: -40°C up to +300°C
- Operating temperature: -40°C up to +170°C
- Peak temperature: +350 °C for 5 hours
- Temperature response Time: < 8s at 11 m/s from +50°C to +300°C
- Temperature accuracy at new: ± 2°C up to +200°C and ± 5°C at +300°C
- Passenger car
- Robot taxi
- Off road