Sensor Cleaning, Sensors
Electric Motor Position Sensor (iPSU)Last update: 04 Sep. 2023
What is an Electric Motor Position Sensor (iPSU)?
The iPSU (inductive Position Sensor Unit) is a compact sensor dedicated to high speed sensing. The electric motor position sensor is a technical solution to acquire the geometrical position and orientation of the electric motor shaft. This product has to cover the complete operation range of the electric motor.
It provides accurate position in order to drive the electric motor with the best efficiency and robustness. The temperature measurement can be added as an option. It has a flexible design (fixing points, outer and inner diameter): “end of shaft” or “through shaft” as option.
What are Valeo Electric Motor Position Sensor (iPSU) benefits?
- Price advantage vs. resolver: -30% typical
- Weight and accuracy advantage vs. resolver: -50% typical
- End of shaft or through-shaft design option
- Optional temperature measurement
- Compatibility with gearbox oil environment
- ASIL C or D (dual die) compatibility without redundancy
- Signal conditioner in sensor’s ASIC
Valeo Electric Motor Position Sensor (iPSU) specifications
- Environment temperature range: -40°C up to +150°C
- Temperature range: -40°C to +160°C
- Rotation speed range
> 50k rpm
- Air gap range: [2 mm, 5 mm]
- Position accuracy <1° electrical - full scale
- Power supply 5 ±0.25 V
- Stray field immunity
- Oscillator frequency range:
cost reduction vs. resolver
weight & accuracy benefits vs. resolver
- Passenger car
- Robot taxi
- Off road