High Voltage Inverter 800V SiCLast update: 05 Sep. 2023
What is a High Voltage Inverter?
The inverter is the brain at the heart of the powertrain, it controls the electric motor. It converts Direct Current (DC) from the battery to Alternative Current (AC) to power the electric Motor. It can also be used in reverse mode to charge the battery by transforming kinetic energy from the vehicle into electrical energy that can be stored in the battery.
Valeo inverters are based on a scalable platform able to suit Si or SiC, for 400V & 800V. It is based on a highly standardized hardware and software architecture.
The 5th generation in 800V inverter SiC has been developed to improve the efficiency especially for applications over 150kW.
What are Valeo 800V SiC inverter benefits?
- Scalable platform able to suit Si or SiC, for 400V & 800V
- Designed to suit several die suppliers and several eMotor technologies (PMSM , EESM & ASM)
- Highly standardized hardware and software architecture
- Optimised for SiC MOSFET technology, highest efficiency with -60% losses on WLTP (SiC)
- 400V to 800V DC Booster function available paired with eMotor coils
- Remanufacturing ready
Valeo 800v SiC inverter specifications
- Power from 150 to 350 kWp
- 3 phases, up to 650 Arms
- Peak efficiency > 99%
- Up to ASIL D with series proven software
- EMC level 5
SOP 2025 for the 5th generation
Up to 5% efficiency improvement
- Passenger car
- Robot taxi
- Off road