High Voltage DC/DC ConverterLast update: 05 Sep. 2023
What is a High Voltage DC/DC converter?
The High Voltage DC/DC converter is a reversible electronic device which lowers the Direct Current from the High Voltage battery to a Low Voltage Direct Current used by most of the vehicle electrical equipment (e.g. dashboard, electric window…). The DC/DC converter is also in charge of keeping the passengers safe by insulating them from the High Voltage electricity network.
What are High Voltage DC/DC Converter benefits?
- Compact package and robust design
- Platforming solution (from low to high power)
- Possible combination DC/DC + OBC
- Option additional DC/DC feature to ensure battery relay precharge function
High Voltage DCDC Converter specifications
- Up to 4 kW
- 400V and 800V versions for different input voltage ranges
- Output current up to 250A for 12V
- Efficiency > 95%
- CAN interface
- Passenger car
- Robot taxi
- Off road