EV High Voltage On-Board ChargerLast update: 05 Sep. 2023
What is an on-board charger?
The electric vehicle onboard charger converts alternative current available on the grid into direct current that can charge the vehicle’s battery. Almost all the energy charged in the vehicle is flowing through the onboard charger’s power electronics.
In mass production since 2014, Valeo is continuously improving the performances and the functionalities of its onboard chargers. Valeo is currently proposing its 4th generation based on a standard bi-directional scalable platform up to 22 kW and able to ensure a worldwide compatibility to address all cars and countries requirements (400-800V batteries, 1 or 3-phase network).
What are Valeo Onboard Charger benefits?
- Applicable for PHEV and BEV
- Worldwide usage by wide input range, 1 phase and 3 phase
- Bidirectional power flow (V2X)
- Platform design for various products
- Customized packaging, connectors and software
Valeo High Voltage On-Board Charger specifications
- Output power 7 kW / 11 kW / 22 kW
- Grid compatibility 110V, 220V, 1 phase and 3 phase (automatic detection)
- Efficiency up to 96%
- 400V and 800V versions for different output voltage ranges
- Power density up to 2 kW/l
- Various communication features CAN, IEC 61851, SAE J1772, GB/T, ISO 15118 PLC, CHAdeMO
SOP 2025 for the 4th generation
- Passenger car
- Robot taxi
- Off road
EV High Voltage On-Board Charger