Surface Electrical Flexible Heater (Valeo FlexHeater)Last update: 28 Aug. 2023
What are Surface Electrical Flexible Heaters (Valeo FlexHeaters)?
In winter, cabin heating is energy-intensive, especially for EVs, for which range is a critical element. Valeo FlexHeater system is a powerful, invisible, quiet, radiative and conductive heating elements to be integrated into all trim surfaces of the cabin, including plastic surfaces. Combined and smartly controlled with the HVAC, it provides significant energy savings and up to twice as fast time-to-comfort compared to standard solutions.
What are our Electrical Flexible Heaters benefits?
- Heating efficiency and smart energy distribution between air and surfaces
- Individualized heating zone
- Fast winter cocoon effect
- Efficient cabin pre heating
- Silent system
- Compatible with all trim surfaces and processes, including plastic surfaces (plastic overmolding process)
Electrical Flexible Heaters specifications
- Quicker time to comfort:
-40% in comfort mode
- Perceived cocoon feeling with homogeneous heating
- Vehicle Energy savings up to 48% for 1 passenger @-7°C, coupled with the HVAC
- Acoustic comfort: -15dBA
- Available in 12V, 48V under development
- Passenger car
- Robot taxi
- Off road