Valeo hosts 40 start-ups in its lab at the very first Viva Technology event
Paris, June 30, 2016 – Valeo and 40 start-ups are gathering in the company's lab at Viva Technology to present their very latest innovations in autonomous driving, low-emissions vehicles and new after-sales business models, giving visitors a taste of tomorrow's mobility solutions.
Items on the agenda include: a speech on the main stage by Jacques Aschenbroich, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Valeo Group, on “The challenge of digital transformation”; two thematic round table discussions relating to the intuitive car and electric vehicles of the future; and, most importantly, informal discussions to be held throughout the event at the Valeo lab to encourage emulation and creativity in the quest for the car of the future.
By hosting 40 start-ups in its lab, Valeo is once again demonstrating the priority it places on innovation, which is the foundation for its growth, and more particularly its commitment to diversifying its sources of inspiration to keep pace with major trends in society. In 2016, after launching its virtual incubator program dedicated to finding technology start-ups to work with, Valeo is giving Viva Technology visitors the opportunity to experience the collaborative and open innovation process with its 40 start-up partners, inviting them to think differently about tomorrow’s mobility solutions.
By leveraging this flexible approach to innovation and its large, growing commitment to R&D (€1.3 billion in 2015), Valeo is able to propose pioneering solutions on the cutting-edge of technology. Visitors from the general public will be free to discover a variety of connected technologies, including:
- Valeo Mobius™ 2, a solution that combines several of the Group’s technological innovations on the dashboard, allowing motorists to switch smoothly from automated to manual driving mode in complete safety while offering a host of new services for them to use when the car is driving itself.
- Les Lunettes by Valeo, groundbreaking technology that shields drivers’ eyes from the glare of outside lights at night without impeding their view of the road.
- Electric Supercharger, technology that combines reduced fuel consumption and enhanced engine performance.
- The Valeo SCALA® laser scanner, a key enabler for highly automated driving that scans stationary and moving obstacles around the car, both day and night.
Program of events at the Valeo lab (subject to change)
Thursday June 30
- 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. – “Autonomous vehicles” – start-up pitch
- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 noon – “Interior comfort and safety” – start-up pitch
- 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. – “New after-sales business models” – start-up pitch
Friday July 1
- 9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. – “Cars and cybersecurity” – start-up pitch
- 11:00 a.m.-11:30 a.m. – Connectivity & cars: discussion on mobility and car parks with Valeo, Vinci Energies and Cisco
- 2:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. – Valeo Car Lab: discussion with start-up AF 83
- 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. – “CO? emissions reduction” – start-up pitch
- 5:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. – Valeo x Intempora, a look back at a fruitful collaboration
Saturday July 2 (open to the general public)
Visitors from the general public will have the opportunity to discover a variety of connected technologies.
Valeo is an automotive supplier, partner to all automakers worldwide. As a technology company, Valeo proposes innovative products and systems that contribute to the reduction of CO? emissions and to the development of intuitive driving.
In 2014, the Group generated sales of 12.7 billion euros and invested over 10% of its original equipment sales in research and development. Valeo has 133 plants, 16 research centers, 34 development centers, 15 distribution platforms and employs 78,500 people in 29 countries worldwide.
Valeo is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange and is a member of the CAC 40 index.
For more information about the Valeo Group and its activities, please visit our website www.valeo.com
For more information, please contact:
Valeo Media Relations
Tel.: +33 (0)1 40 55 21 75/37 18