Acceleration in sales growth in the third quarter to 7% like for like, with sales of 3,449 million euros
Original equipment sales jumped 13%, up 7% on a like-for-like basis, beating global automotive production by almost 6 percentage points
Jacques Aschenbroich, Valeo’s Chief Executive Officer, commented:
“Our third-quarter 2015 sales performance demonstrates once again the solidity of our growth model based on technological innovation in the areas of CO? emissions reduction and intuitive driving, a more diverse customer portfolio and the geographic balancing of the Group’s businesses. Despite the slowdown in the Chinese automotive market and the sharp tail-off in South American markets, Valeo’s growth continues to outpace automotive production, with sales accelerating by 7% on a like-for-like basis in the third quarter.”
- Consolidated sales of 3,449 million euros, up 12% (7% on a like-for-like basis)
- Original equipment sales of 2,990 million euros, up 13% (7% on a like-for-like basis), outpacing global automotive production by 6 percentage points:
- Europe: up 13%(1), 8 percentage points higher than automotive production
- China: up 1%(1), 6 percentage points higher than automotive production
- Asia (excluding China): up 2%(1), 1 percentage point higher than automotive production
- North America: up 3%(1), 3 percentage points lower than automotive production
- South America: down 18%(1), 2 percentage points higher than automotive production
- Aftermarket sales of 387 million euros, up 6% (4% on a like-for-like basis)
Based on the following assumptions:
- an increase in global automotive production(2) of between 1% and 2%, including:
- around 7% in Europe excluding Russia
- between 0% and 2% in China
- raw material prices and exchange rates in line with current levels;
Valeo confirms its full-year guidance as upwardly revised on July 27, 2015:
- sales growth outperformance in the main production regions, including China;;
- operating margin(3) (as a % of sales) higher than in 2014, with a slight increase in operating margin (as a % of sales) in the second half of 2015 as compared to the first half.
1 Constant Group structure and exchange rates.
2 In line with LMC estimates.
3 Including share in net earnings of equity-accounted companies.