Consent with personal data processing – Czech Republic
1. Contact details of the controllers of your Personal Data
VALEO AUTOKLIMATIZACE k.s., ID No.: 498 23 001, Valeo Compressor Europe s.r.o., ID No.: 265 04 685, VALEO VÝMĚNÍKY TEPLA s.r.o., ID No.: 261 31 056, Valeo Detection Systems s.r.o., ID No.: 10969594, and FTE automotive Czechia s.r.o., ID No.: 272 78 581 (each of the companies hereinafter referred to as “Valeo” and “we”,”us” or “our”), by this notice, explain to you as data controllers the details of the processing of information relating to you, based on which you can be identified (“Personal Data”), in accordance with the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council No. 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (the “GDPR Regulation”).
2. PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS of processing – How and why do we process your Personal Data?
Valeo collects and processes your Personal Data that you have submitted to us using online application forms available on our website. Your application could concern, for example, a vacant job position, an offer to participate in a student program or an event organized by Valeo, etc. This processing of your Personal Data does not require your consent and is based, in particular, on the following provisions:
- processing is necessary in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract (in particular an employment contract) at the request of the data subject within the meaning of Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR Regulation;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of Valeo (or a third party), such as the interest in proper administration of the recruitment process, organization of public events to promote the company, student programs, etc.; within the meaning of Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR Regulation. In exceptional cases, we may have a legitimate interest in protecting our rights in court proceedings or other disputes.
In addition, Valeo may process certain categories of Personal Data based on your voluntary consent (see section 7 below).
The purpose of processing of Personal Data varies according to the type of your application (the type of online form you submitted). The purpose of the processing of Personal Data submitted in response to a vacant job position advertisement is to evaluate the suitability of the candidate for the relevant job position and to communicate with the candidate during the recruitment process. If you apply for a position in a student program or submit an application to attend a public event, the purpose of the processing is to enable communication with you to ensure your participation.
3. PERSONAL DATA CATEGORIES – What Personal Data do we collect about you?
Valeo collects your Personal Data directly from you via the online form you filled out.
4. DATA RECIPIENTS AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD COUNTRIES – With whom do we share your Personal Data?
Valeo uses your Personal Data internally to achieve the aforementioned purposes of processing, but at the same time, Valeo may, to the extent necessary, transfer Personal Data to third parties as recipients of Personal Data, for example, to conduct recruitment process through external recruitment agencies. Valeo may also share Personal Data with other Valeo Group companies, including companies outside the European Economic Area, based on its legitimate interest to manage workforce and conduct strategic planning on the level of the whole Valeo Group, in order to organize public events in cooperation with other Valeo Group companies, etc. Valeo also uses data processors who may be located outside the European Economic Area. Up-to-date list of recipients of Personal Data is available on request at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to ensure adequate level of protection when transferring Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area, Valeo implements organizational and technical security measures and concludes agreements on the transfer of Personal Data, such as those based on standard EU contractual clauses which the European Commission and the competent authorities consider adequate, so as to ensure the legality of the transfer and protection of Personal Data under the GDPR Regulation at all times.
6. RETENTION PERIODS – For how long do we process your Personal Data?
Valeo processes your Personal Data only to the extent and for the time necessary to fulfill the purposes for which Personal Data are collected, in accordance with applicable law.
We continually assess whether there is still a valid reason to process certain categories of Personal Data needed for a particular purpose. If we find that certain Personal Data are no longer needed for any of the purposes for which they were processed, we will erase such Personal Data. It is our policy to delete Personal Data no later than 3 years after a particular recruitment process has concluded (and you were not hired) in order to protect our rights and legitimate interests in a potential court or other dispute related to the recruitment process; or in the case of student programs and public events after conclusion of such an event or program.
7. PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING BASED ON YOUR CONSENT
If, when submitting the online form, you also provide us with your consent to the processing of Personal Data for the purpose of sending newsletters with information about other events, job offers or other news at Valeo, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Revocation of such consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing of Personal Data prior to the withdrawal. By checking the respective box when submitting the online form, you agree that:
- Valeo will send you electronic or paper flyers (newsletters) containing information on recruitment and employment news at any Valeo Group company and targeted communication of suitable job opportunities and other forms of potential cooperation at any Valeo Group company; and
- Valeo will process your Personal Data as controller also for conducting and evaluating competitions, open days and lectures, management of recruitment processes and sending the above mentioned newsletters and communications for marketing and promotional purposes of Valeo Group companies.
Your consent is voluntary and it is valid for 3 years, unless withdrawn earlier.
8. RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
In relation to the processing of your Personal Data, you have, in particular, the following rights, subject to conditions stipulated by applicable law:
- The right of access: You may have the right to obtain confirmation from Valeo as to whether or not your Personal Data are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the Personal Data and details of processing, such as purposes of the processing, categories of Personal Data concerned, and identification of recipients or categories of recipients to whom your Personal Data have been or are to be provided. However, this is not an absolute right and this right may be limited due to the legitimate interests of other natural persons. You may also have the right to request a copy of your Personal Data processed by us.
- The right to rectification: You may also have the right to request Valeo to have your incorrect or incomplete Personal Data rectified. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete Personal Data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten): Under certain circumstances, you may have the to request that we erase your Personal Data.
- The right to restriction of processing: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to demand restriction of the processing of your Personal Data. In such cases, the relevant Personal Data will be flagged and shall be processed only for relevant purposes.
- The right to data portability: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive your Personal Data, which you have provided us with, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit those data to another controller.
- The right to object: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to object processing of your Personal Data on grounds relating to your particular situation, and we may be required to stop processing such Personal Data.
- The right to lodge a complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint at any time with the supervisory authority. The contact details of the supervisory authority in the Czech Republic are: The Office for Personal Data Protection, Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Prague 7, Czech Republic, tel.: +420 234 665 800, email: email@example.com.
Further information about your rights in relation to the processing of your Personal Data can be found at the following webpage (in Czech): https://www.uoou.cz/6-prava-subjektu-udaj/d-27276.
If you wish to exercise your rights or if you have any questions regarding the processing of your Personal Data, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org