Automotive DampersLast update: 04 Sep. 2023
What is a damper in a vehicle?
The damper automotive is a device to reduce the vibration in a sensitive rotational environment. It is doing so by damping any violent variation of torque or revolutions that could cause an unwanted vibration leading to unwanted noise or damage between the internal combustion engine (ICE) and the gearbox.
What are Valeo dampers benefits?
- Best-in-class dampening solution with highly optimized packaging
- Global industrial footprint matching customer regional needs
- Serial applications with most Global OEMs
- Complete system design to optimize customer application performance
Valeo dampers specifications/features for Manual Transmission (MT)
- Improved driving comfort compared to conventional pure coil spring dampers
Excellent filtering also for very sensitive powertrains
- Double Clutch Transmission (DCT): 3 or 4 shaft
- Step/continuous automatic transmission (AT or CVT): lock-up engagement below 1000rpm
- Hybrids: Long Travel Damper (eLTD) pendulum best in class for P2 hybrids architecture
- Dedicated Hybrid Transmission (DHT): associated torque limiter
- Passenger car
- Robot taxi
- Off road