Torque ConverterLast update: 04 Sep. 2023
What is a transmission torque converter?
The torque converter is a fluid coupling device that transfers rotating power from the engine to the wheel through an Automatic Transmission (AT) or a Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT).
What are Valeo Torque Converter benefits?
- Compact package and optimized weight
- High effciency and decoupling performance for better fuel economy
- High torque amplification for launch performance
- Optimized hydraulic performance for driving perforamnce
- Wide lock-up range for CO2 emissions reduction
- Improved NVH performance of powertrain system
Valeo Torque Converter specifications
- Diverse and customized hydrodynamics torus for engine torque up to 1,400Nm, more than 30 base models
- Optimized damper solutions, including torsional damper, Long Travel Damper (LTD), anti-resonance damper and pendulum
- All kinds of lockup clutches, 2-path, 3-path or 4-path for precise slip control
- Specific torque converter for HEV
- Passenger car
- Robot taxi
- Off road