Valeo Named a Thomson Reuters 2015 Top 100 Global Innovator
Paris, November 12, 2015 – Valeo was named a Thomson Reuters 2015 Top 100 Global Innovator today, recognizing its achievements as one of the world’s most innovative companies. The program, an initiative of the IP & Science business of Thomson Reuters, honors the 100 corporations and institutions around the world that are at the heart of innovation as measured by a series of proprietary patent-related metrics. The full report is available at https://www.cbinsights.com/research-state-of-innovation-report.
The Thomson Reuters 2015 Top 100 Global Innovator methodology is based on four principle criteria: overall patent volume, patent application-to-grant success rate, global reach of the portfolio, and patent influence as evidenced by citations. This objective formula identifies the companies around the world that are discovering new inventions, protecting them from infringers and commercializing them.
“R&D is an absolute priority for Valeo. This award recognizes the strategic importance of innovation within the Group and highlights the daily efforts of our teams, without whom none of this would be possible. Thanks to these teams, Valeo is innovating and inventing the cars of tomorrow, both in terms of CO? emissions reduction and autonomous vehicles. This strategy has made us the world’s fastest growing world-class automotive supplier,” commented Valeo Chief Executive Officer Jacques Aschenbroich.”
The Thomson Reuters 2015 Top 100 Global Innovator peer-reviewed methodology was executed using Thomson Reuters Derwent World Patents Index® (DWPI), Derwent Patents Citations Index™, Quadrilateral Patent Index™, and Thomson Innovation®, its IP and intelligence collaboration platform.
“In today’s hypercompetitive global marketplace, innovation is much more than just having great ideas. True innovation occurs when individuals and companies harness the power and insight to bring ideas to life,” said Basil Moftah, president, Thomson Reuters Intellectual Property and Science. “This is the potent formula we measure with our Top 100 Global Innovators program. The institutions on this year’s list represent the current vanguard in innovation by pioneering new breakthroughs and organizing their businesses to make these discoveries a reality.”
Thomson Reuters 2015 Top 100 Global Innovators:
- Now in its fifth year, the program has annually outperformed leading financial indices, serving as a trustworthy investment resource and a testament to increased R&D funding, global patent filing and new market development, resulting in greater revenue and enhanced regional economic activity.
- The 2015 Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Innovators outperformed the MSCI World Index in revenue by 6.01 percentage points, employment by 4.09 percentage points, and market-cap-weighted R&D spending by 1.86 percentage points.
- Together, the 2015 Thomson Reuters Top 100 Global Innovators generated more than $429 trillion in revenue and invested more than $20 trillion in R&D (local currency) in 2014.
- The 2015 Top 100 Thomson Reuters Global Innovators hail from three continents and comprise eleven countries. Just two countries comprise 75 percent of the list: Japan and the US, making them the true innovation hubs of the world.
- The Automotive sector has its largest representation on the Top 100 Global Innovator list ever, a 233 percent increase since the inception of the program.
To view the full list and report on the Thomson Reuters 2015 Top 100 Global Innovator program, go to https://www.cbinsights.com/research-state-of-innovation-report.
Valeo is an automotive supplier, partner to all automakers worldwide. As a technology company, Valeo proposes innovative products and systems that contribute to the reduction of CO? emissions and to the development of intuitive driving.
In 2014, the Group generated sales of 12.7 billion euros and invested over 10% of its original equipment sales in research and development. Valeo has 133 plants, 16 research centers, 34 development centers, 15 distribution platforms and employs 78,500 people in 29 countries worldwide.
Valeo is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange and is a member of the CAC 40 index.
For more information about the Valeo Group and its activities, please visit our website www.valeo.com
For more information, please contact:
Valeo Media Relations
Tel.: +33 (0)1 40 55 21 75/37 18