Electric Starter and ReStarter
What is an electric starter?
The conventional electric car starter ensures the first cranking of the internal combustion engine (ICE). The reinforced electric starter is installed in place of a conventional starter and offers better durability to repeated stopping and starting.
Valeo electric car starters and restarters (12V) can be adapted to all types of motors, and all motor displacements, and can also start the motor at extremely low temperatures. Its integration is not intrusive, as the system does not alter the vehicle architecture. Moreover with the change of mind function, it can ensure also the motor restart while the combustion engine is still rotating in order to increase the duration and number of stop phases for improved fuel efficiency.
What are our electric starter and restarter benefits?
- Wide range of power to address all automotive and off-road applications
- Highly standardized product with carry-over of modular bricks
- High quality level
- Fast motor run-up & optimized voltage drop
12V electric starter and restarter specifications
- Addressable motor: from small 3-cylinder motors 1.2L up to 6-cylinder 3.6L
- High durability up to 400k cycles
- Enable Change of Mind Strategy
worldwide market share
produced per year (More than*)
- Passenger car
- Robot taxi
- Off road