Electrical Oil PumpLast update: 03 Sep. 2023
What is an electrical oil pump?
Electrical Oil Pumps (EOP) are mainly used in all types of transmissions (Automatic Transmission – AT, dry or wet Dual Clutch Transmission – DCT, Dedicated Hybrid Transmission – DHT, Continuous Variable Transmission – CVT, Manual Transmission – MT, reducer) for lubrication and cooling (gears, clutches, eDrive) and in a lower proportion also for actuation (of clutches, hydraulic gear shifting, hydraulic park-lock). For both of those application fields, Valeo also offers Smart Pump, being EOP (Electric Oil Pump) with a combination of active functions.
What are Valeo electrical oil pump benefits?
- Design particularly adapted for pure oil cooling and lubrication of electrified transmission (BEV & Hybrids) and/or hydraulic actuations
- Lightweight design thanks to high performance plastics, up to -40% compared to conventional designs
- Packaging flexibility thanks to two electric motor diameter options
- Minimizes the CO2 footprint by 5% (benchmarked)
Valeo electrical oil pumps specifications/features
- Up to 300W nominal power
- Volumetric flow: up to 20 l/min
- Pressure: up to 6 bars
- Pump type: G-rotor, vane, external gear
- Weight < 850g
- Brushless design of the electric motor
- Electronic interface: LIN, CAN or PWM
- Passenger car
- Robot taxi
- Off road